Pink Icing

Friday, October 20, 2006

Sweaty Betty

Back in the Library (I know it's lower case but I'm making a point!).

Mrs Francis is nearly a 100 and she's moved from her tiny shack to a bigger place, housing association. She had so much stuff and she's still trying to fit all her old stuff in the new place. Thing is everyone knows it's rubbish. That's what 100 years of life'll do to ya. Jed (no idea who he is) is getting impatient and it then upsets her. The Friendly Library Lady (FLL) says that they gotta make her feel it's her decision then it'll be okay. FLL says that she went over a few times to help for half an hour but ends up staying at least 4 hours. Mrs Francis lives on her own. She doesn't like the airconditioning and keeps putting cushions over it, thing is it's on when she does that. The last time FLL went over Mrs Francis was getting ready to go to church, declind FLL's offer of a lift as someone was collecting her. After the service FLL gave The Pastor a roasting cos Mrs Francis wasn't there. Mrs Francis has been picked up without fail since........

Isn't it wonderful, village life the world over is rich and bountiful.

Stayed at the Ivey (their spelling not mine) Inn last night and a Brit family appeared at breakfast. They kept themselves to themselves....well they were from Cumbria...... Thing is they missed all this. I tried to engage in pleasantries but they seemed nervous. Not sure if that was of me or just that they were being typically British and standoffish. Anyway when someone is like that it makes me wanna talk even more.

Had supper at the Seafood Depot, didn't have fish, bit fished out actually.... Beautiful seat overlooking the lake (think that's what it is), anyway a big expanse of freshwater. Sat under twinkly lights and kept myself to myself. happy for some me time, do ya know what i mean?

Not sure where I'm heading today. Might be Naples, might be Marco Island, could be St Peter (local pronunciation of St Petersburg). Just don't know. Need to get some shorts. Have resisted as I look damn hideous in them, the sight offends me. But I need to clomp away in Big Cypress Park and a dress and trainers looks even worse. Besides some of these Americans have bigger bums and tums than me, aand I aint ever gonna see any of em again.......

I had a look at the pics of the alligators approaching the airboat. Tee hee, mosty are not clear, must have been me panicking. Got an eye here, a tail there. Will get them uploaded anyway as they make me laugh cos i was obviously anxious!!!! It was all very safe and tame. Well as long as we stayed in the boat!!

love ya'll lots and lots xxx

Oh forgot to say one of the British couples at the Simonton Inn turned out to be good fun. I met them on the second morning and we chatted for hours. Ian and Karen. They were about to take a week on a cruise liner out of Miami. Sounded good fun. I'm meeting up with Karen when I get back. She lives in Hampshire and is a manager in Estate Agency. Mentioned she could diversify into Property Developers. She'd be good at it.

MAybe the thing is that Brits are generally reserved and are okay after a bit. We do have that reputation don't we, reserved. Thing is I haven't got time now or ever have. Snub me once you're not likely to get another chance and I'll go away thinking you're rude when in fact you may not be. I would hate for someone to think i was being rude when i wasn't. Believe me I can be rude when I want and need to be, I'm no angel. Well actually I am. That's for my Mom and Dad. I'm a perfect angel eh........

Drat, think i forgot to put deodorant on, phewy. I actually perspire out here, very unpleasant. No hot flushes though, what does that mean? Oh and don't get me started on my poos.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home