Pink Icing

Sunday, October 15, 2006

planes, trains & automobiles

Dear UK
Oh please, please save my liver.............
Never ever thought I'd beg like a dog for rain either......


Seems like such a long time ago that I was at Heathrow but forgot to tell you how that all panned out. After Karen L deposited me at the airport I deposited my suitcase and went in search of duty free, didn't need anything but you never know. Actually I did need a face cream. Wandered around feeling slighty glazed as Chanel, Gucci, Mulberry all beckoned me. Ahem, small confession, I succumbed to purchasing a Christian Dior purse/wallet. Well it's becoming a tradition now. Got a Gucci one last time..... Anyway, it's fab. Expensive, but fab. I lusted after a handbag/purse but pulled myself together very quickly. Well actually not at all quickly and found myself in such a quandary. It was only reminding myself that I could stay in a reasonable hotel for 14 days or have the handbag/purse. Phew, lucky escape.

Picked up a few frothy novels, which I knew I wouldn't read, for the flight. Got sidetracked by the Givency shop,,,,, The sales lady was wonderful, letting me try all the bags. Again that almost worked. I found another $1200 bag that suited me perfectly when the alarm bells started ringing. I impressed myself with the very real resonance in my head. I thought it was only in cartoons the bells rang like that??? Gosh, they were really really loud. How clever. What did you say nice Givency Sales Lady? Sorry the bells are too loud, I can't hear. Fire alarm??! Shit. Suddenly I heard the tannoy clearly; ding dong 'all passengers must go to the nearest fire exit immediately'. My God, you're joking, quick, where's the nearest exit. Oh goodness, all the shop gates are coming down. Okay don't panic. Keep calm. Walk in an orderly fashion and all that. Ouch, for goodness sake Nice Givency Sales Lady, let go of me. How desperate for a sale are you? Aaah, umm, ooops. Yes of course you want your bag back....................

Well as you know, all was well and I got here. But cattle class now that's another story...........


New best friends have left today and hopefully taken my ability to pickle my liver with them.