Pink Icing

Friday, October 13, 2006

Trees of distinction

Phew the respite of the air con in this Internet cafe is soooo welcome. 87 out there and it's not even lunchtime yet.............

Took a Conch (pronounced Conk, but I can't get my head round it) Train Tour round the town, definitely recommend it. Know where what's what and in what direction I should be heading. Well that's the theory...

I'm finding the humidity a killer. Kept drinking water whilst on the train, then jumped off and walked briskly to the pier (200 yards) and felt really woozy. Had to stop into a bar to refresh myself. No seriously, it was a necessity.

Met a lovely couple, Mike and Glen who are staying at the same place and we went out for a little drinky poo in the evening. Didn't want to join them for supper, had eaten at lunchtime and all I fancied was a slice of Key Lime Pie. Well I say fancied, I hadn't any real idea what it should taste like and wanted to try a slice that was reasonably authentic. Hmmm, well can now say I've done that one....wouldn't do it again.....

Anyway, sat drinking a strawberry dacquari (err how do you spell that!) with the guys and then wandered the streets of Key West joing in all the partying atmosphere. Went to the original Sloppy Joe's, Hemmingway's haunt apparently. Off to Hemmingway's house in a mo.

Saw some really lovely architecture yeaterday, the tour guide proudly showed us some of the oldest buildings here, over a hundred years old........'of Victorian Queen Anne period'........

Oh and those Banyan tree roots, how fabulous are they?! For those like me who didn't know what they were, they apparently originate in India but have this enormous spreading external tree root system. Looks fabulous. Again our Tour Guide Eduardo told us there's one in India that's 5 acres wide. Is that possible????

Oh and I've given up trying to hide my fat wobbly bits, far too hot. Why should I care no one else seems to!

Oh and by the way the Bush/Striesand duet wasn't real, he was a doppleganger, duh!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At a girl kiddo!!! Right behind you - Well thats where I would like to be!!!!!! (On the back o fa Harley Babe - not what YOU had in mind although.........??
    XXXXX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home