Pink Icing

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Carpet freshener

Dear UK
In The Everglades. Went to Homestaed/Florida City yesterday. Spent the night in a B&B that was, well a comedown from SImonton Inn...... At breakfast this morning I asked Paul The Host who played the electric piano that was next to the dining table and Big Bible on a lecturn. Ah ha, Paul then told me he had been in showbusiness, danced with the stars, was in London with Liza (of course!) when she was accepting awards for Cabaret. It was all entertaining stuff.

A travelling tip for single women is to always find gay friendly B&B's, it's much safer.

Paul The Host told me he was an activist and fought for the Everglades Preservation nowadays. The Hurricane Andrew wiped out almost all of Homestead and he and a few others were making sure they keep fending off the Developers. Gulp, what do i do?? Ah yes, well that'll be condoning a Developer then........ Paul The Host took it well as Tanie The Guest skipped over that and recounted the days in the '70's when she was an activist, had protested and yelled to all about global warming, became disillusioned and got a job in the Corporate World. Became disillusioned once again and was looking for inspiration. Now everyone knows about global warming but doesn't do anything of importance. Paul The Host was practically cheering, bought the dogs in (a rareity) and made more coffee. Tanie The Guest was apparently a soulmate.....

Hmmm, not so sure, Paul The Host was shirtless and his nipples and nipple piercings were really really huge and when he kept shifting uncomfortably every so often, I thought.......well I thought we'd bonded enough..........

I did take an Airboat around The Everglades, wow, that was fun. Going through grassy reeds without an obvious path was both scary and exhilarating at the same time. We were subject to a few 360 degree turns and a couple of double loops, pheeeew. Hiraldo, our guide and driver had warned us to keep seated when the boat speeded up, put cotton wool in our ears and don't put our hands over the side of the boat. OVER THE SIDE OF THE BOAT? Was he mad, who on earth would do that? I on the other hand, sat on an outside edge and clung tightly, so tightly that I thought he might have to prise my hands off with a blow torch!!!! Anyway, it was fab, got to see loads of alligators close up.

Then I saw an Alligator Show. Hmmm, not so good. I'm afraid I can't see anything in captivity and certainly not perform for humans. The poor alligator looked pretty peeped off when the Show Host (photos to follow) started to get him to perform tricks. Then at the end, he got out 2 baby gators, taped their snouts with black gaffer tape and let people handle them and have their picture taken. I declined and left.

The Show Host was kinda cute and I thought of a few tricks I'd put him through................

Drank and ate in a Bar last night that said 'We Welcome Bikers'. If I can't be on a bike then at least I can smell the gasolene and smelly leathers! Actually the place was hardly rocking, only me and 2 others there, think the sign should have said, 'we welcome anyone'..........

On my last night in Key West I sat outside The HardRock Cafe and 141 big bikes went passed, how cruel was that! I can't stand it, it's really upsetting me at the moment. Hey ho. I say big bikes as there were quite a few race reps and a couple of old Triumphs.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I'm in a Library!!! Yep a Libray, well a portocabin actually as the main building here in Everglade City (tiny place) is under complete renovation.

Right off to find a place to sleep, been chatting to the locals in here, very friendly lot!!! xxx

ps, wasn't Everglade a carpet freshener???????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home