Pink Icing

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tea and no crumpets

Don't understand what's happening to the sequence of the entries. Before this it should have been 'smiley smiley people'

Found another Library. Now in Melbourne. Ooooh I like it here. Staying in an upmarket B&B, The Windermere Inn, I deserve it I think. Over my daily budget but what the heck. Staying 2 nights cos it's all so divine here. Can't justify a 3rd night though...... My cottage room is sea front and I can hear the ocean. I'm Atlantic side and it has waves, just like an ocean should I think. Can anyone please tell me why the Gulf side doesn't have waves???

The owner of the &B is Beth and she's a Justice of the Peace, which means on her raised decking over private bit of beach she performs weddings. Last night there was a beautiful wedding and tonight at 5pm there's another small wedding. On Sunday at 8am 35 will be celebrating! I can lie on my bed and watch the whole event, how cool is that? Even better it's that dark glass which means I can see out and they can't see in, well until I put the light on.......

Think of the beach scenes in Somethings Gotta Give, same sort of thing, cept less wind, less steps and more sun........ Bee - utti - full

Ah I should probably tell you about last night. Sort of embarrased. On Beth's recommendation I went to an Italian Restaurant. Had an early reservation, found it easily and decided upon the daily fish special. Drat, can't remember what it's called now, hadn't had it before, will tell you later, wrote it down. Anyway I relaxed into my booth, drank a glass of Chianti with the salad, pasta and fish dish and drank loads of water to keep hydrated. Thing is keeping myself hydrated has a side effect of needing to pee frequently. On my second trip to the bathroom I somehow managed to lift the faucet cover off, it fell on the floor and I couldn't stem the water that was now filling the basin. This was not relaxing and it mewant that I had to go out and ask for help. I tried to speak quietly but urgently to a waitress but was overheard by the Chef(who also turns out to be the owner). Suddenly 4 people come rushing into the bathroom, I go red in the face and want to hide in the cubicle. I would have if I wasn't now paranoid that I'd break the lock..... The Chef is shouting all sorts of things, mostly in Italian and I find myself fighting back tears. I feel trapped in a bathroom and all I want is to flee, preferably to Leatherhead.........

After what seems an eternity the water is stemmed and they all start to fuss over me. Turns out Chef is shouting at them for me having to experience this, why didn't they check it etc. Suddenly I am mightily relieved and go to sit down and finish my suupper.

Oh no oh no, I am whisked away and sat in the booth nearest the kitchen and Chef and others all sit with me, feed me more food, more wine, coffee and liquers (can't spell that either but you get the picture). I am powerless to resist all this hospitality. I try saying I can't drink but all that happens is they call Beth and let her know I'm safe (was I ever not??!) and that they'd be bringing me home. Well they did and I had a great time, totally unexpected but very appreciated.

I slept like a log on my exquisite bed and to awake with the waves gently breaking was divine. Breakfast was:
Fruit cup (refreshing)
Pumkin pancakes with cinnamon syrup ((Ambrosia, must get recipe)
Bread basket (couldn't manage)
Organge juice (freshly squeezed)
Coffee (just right)

Afternoon tea served at 4pm. Yesterday had chocolate and coconut nibbly things with 2 pots of Englis tea. Declined the Sherry..............

Okay now off to purchase a pair of shorts. Yes really, have to find some. Then off to the beach, will be using the chairs, umbrellas etc supplied....and all in a stones throw of my suite. Tough life this travelling.................................xxxx

ps: Melbourne gets a big recommendation........ Oh and visited the Navy Seal Museum yesterday afternoon. Also recommend driving on 1A takes a long time but well worth it.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Organge juice - is that the stuff that gives you an organism with every glass?

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are here following you all the way. Obviously the others are a)gobsmaked by your adventures or b) trying to keep up with the entries and not getting time to reply. I'm in the latter category. Whats all this about a book then - brilliant idea. And the title...

     
  • At 3:40 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Ah CJ you ARE keeping up!! Yes well that's for later, no doubt my impatience will get the better of me and I will blurt it out before I should.....

    Anyway thank you for looking and leaving me messages.

    Is Anonymous MC by any chance......

     
  • At 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not by any chance, Tanie

     
  • At 12:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No definitely not. MC never did like to do anything without declaring it - you should know that!!

     
  • At 4:37 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    ah ha, is that LG then? Think it is,glad you've popped by if it is.

    Yes MC would most definitely declare eh!!!

    Oh saw a poster for a RHS aroundabout here somewhere. Was wondering.....but didn't bring my gear.......

     
  • At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LG stands for Lucky Guess! Your book is coming just fine, Tanie; keep it coming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home