Pink Icing

Monday, October 23, 2006

I DID IT!

No not get married again.... Or even another tattoo......

Far worse...

I BOUGHT A PAIR OF SHORTS!

I just don't care, it's too hot. I look ridiculous, I really do. There will be absolutely no photos of me in this state of dress however it feels decidedly comfortable. I'll give you a picture of the shorts, just not me in 'em.

I am really enjoying Melbourne beach so much that I have extended my stay at the Windermere Inn. Yes yes, over budget but I feel particularly safe and that's worth every cent.

Spent the day on the beach yesterday, under an umbrella, watching the world and the sea go by. Started writing furiously, just kept pouring out of me, and dipped into Nancy Mitford's Love In A Cold Climate. Cos of the enormous gourmet breakfasts I do not eat for the rest of the day, save a nibble at tea time. Still not making any difference to the waistline, still enormous and no sight of it dicipating.......

As I sat watching crabs of all shapes and sizes pop in and out of little sand holes and birds with long beaks furiously ravage the shoreline I felt blessed for the opportunity of peace, despite the cost.

Lots to tell really but too wiped out. Must be the heat, maybe a touch of sunstroke, no I didn't drink the sea water..... I did however get a tad sunburnt on a few patches yesterday. The indside of my left elbow is very red and a little sore.

I'm leaving Melbourne on Tuesday morning and will go....actually I have no idea where I'll go yet. Just know that I missed Octoberfest at Daytona this weekend. What a plonker am I?! All the Harley riders gather there. Saw the news last night, said 4 bike deaths happened, but not actually at the Fest itself. I know loads of people go without bikes but for me I feel it really would rub salt into the wound that is sorer than my sunburnt arm..................

Maybe I'll try a little window shopping in the historic bit later today. Gotta try and find something good for The Boy's first birthday. Almost one, can you believe it!!??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home