Pink Icing

Sunday, January 13, 2008

All muddled up



This picture doesn't have any relevance to what I'm about to write about, it's just that I thought I should use more pictures on the Blog. And as I am a universal paranoid woman about her image, I am reluctant to post any of me!!



This was taken 2 summers ago of Leatherhead High Street, the town where I live. Bustling eh???

Anyway, feeling somewhat paranoid that I am about to lose my job, with good cause to I might add, I have had a shitty weekend stressing about it all.

I shall be proactive and look for another job but I know what i'll do. I'll say 'poke your job' and buy a plane ticket and never come back.......

No not really....

Things are really tough at work and I don't know if I'm gonna get a chance to prove myself before 'they' say thank you and goodbye. The Construction Director was shown the door before he got the chance. If I could last til end of March I would have made significant changes and even if they said 'heave ho' it would have given me enough time to save at least a months salary!!

SO, enough of the 'poor me's'. What did I do this weekend? Well I never got to do the housework, washing or tidying.

Don't worry it's not really a slippery slope.....just freedom!

So I had lunch with an old friend, Dog, on Saturday. Not old in years particularly, old in friendship years. That was good. Sunday caught up with Karen H and Darling Daughter and The Boy

So how was your weekend??

5 Comments:

  • At 1:00 am, Blogger A said…

    Hmm . . . very busy, I'm afraid! Watched Anne of Green Gables with some girlfriends Friday night, Saturday I did my dishes, baked some bars for a wedding reception for friends this afternoon, did some homework for a Bible study class I'm in, worked on a mission trip application that's due tomorrow and talked to my friend in Birmingham for a full hour and a half! It was wonderful! Today was church, the wedding reception, a family Christmas get together, and finishing my application. Jeepers, no wonder I'm feeling shattered! Absolutely knackered! (yes, I simply HAD to fit those 2 words in!) Perhaps next weekend will be more restful . . .

    Good luck with the job situation! I hope you have the time to prove yourself! Always more fun to leave on your own terms!

    A

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well on Saturday the skip we had decided to hire late on Friday to clear the rubble and general bomb site at teh side of teh house arrived at 7:50 AM!!! Ridiculous. Bt 10:15am we had filled it and felt smug. Sunday went downhill with an exploding head and violent sickness. Couldn't even get out of bed. Do I win the shitty weekend prize???

    As for the job hang in there. Step back and look at it from a detached viewpoint without emotion. What are the facts? Boring advice from your old friend. You know we are there for you though xxx

     
  • At 11:09 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    a - Anne of Green Gables, what a cool Friday night. Sounds like a good weekend all in all. Love that you get the English!!

    cj - Good grief, you just don't do anything by halves do ya??! Yeah, feel better about the job thing, thanks you guys, love ya loads.....

     
  • At 10:30 am, Blogger EL PADRONE said…

    Things are pretty crap in South Wales too.

    Rain, rain , rain and more rain but I guess things are much the same in Leatherhead.

    I need to get happy : I can't when it's dull and grey all the time.

    M.

     
  • At 2:49 pm, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    I really hope that you can keep your job for as long as you find that it is worth being there.

    Hope that they will discover that you are valuable to the company and they don't make hasty, uninformed decision.

    I was in that same predicament 2 years ago too with my bosses being asked to leave. I was as susceptible too until I got a decent raise instead and got one recently too. Phew!

    Last weekend was good, but could have been better if it hadn't rained. We had to cancel our family outing with cycling around the nature reserve.

    Still, my thoughts are with you. Great that you are in high spirits.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home