Pink Icing

Friday, December 21, 2007

Rough with the smooth

Hooray

It's the end of work for a while, how fabulous is that??


Okay all I have to do now is buy all my Christmas presents, deliver all my Christmas presents, post all my Christmas cards, buy all my Christmas food, tidy my entire house, cook all my Christmas food and enjoy myself..........

Looking forward to having friends over and that gorgeous Boy with Darling Daughter. Sadly things have been somewhat difficult of late. The Boy's father has decided to walk out on the family 6 weeks ago and it's not a good time as I'm sure you can imagine. Still Father Christmas shall definitely arrive down the chimney at The Boy's house on Christmas Eve as he has been an exceptional angel and he deserves something nice.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:55 am, Blogger A said…

    Sympathy about the father. I hope that he hasn't left altogether and is still involved?

    May you all have a very Happy Christmas (and a Merry Christmas!).

    Oooh, I've just remembered Christmas Crackers. So much fun. Will you have roast potatoes with your meal? The boiled, roughed and baked ones? Mmm, I must make them, the are sounding so good in my mind right now!

     
  • At 7:29 am, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    It is indeed unfortunate. Things happen as life is as complicated as it is. It is up to us to make the best of what has been thrown in our direction.

    The Boy has you and his Mom. That is wonderful!

    Here's wishing you and your loved ones

    MERRY CHRISTMAS & JOYOUS NEW YEAR!!!

     
  • At 9:02 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    a - he's still around but sa it's so new the emotions run high. I didn't find a single roast potato in th US on my travels, don't you guys have them over there then?? They're scrummy!

    mi - thank you, yes indeed I agree, we have the ability to create the best of what life puts our way. Darling Daughter is certainly trying to do that amid the emotional turmoil and I am so proud of her.

     
  • At 5:35 pm, Blogger A said…

    Tanie- Roast Potatoes? No, indeed we do not! I'd have lived my whole life without the joy of roast potatoes if not for my British friend! She'd make us a great meal around Christmas time, before she flew back to visit your side of the globe!

    Their wedding was Thanksgiving weekend(obviously an American holiday, so many of us had extra time off work!) We had the rehearsal dinner on Thursday or Friday?) and it was a semi traditional American Thanksgiving meal. They ordered traditional mashed potatoes, but it was too much for the B&B people, they did it, but stuck them back in the oven so the top was roasted! Funny to see the traditions!

    Hmm, I think I'm going to roast some potatoes today! :)

    Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home