Pink Icing

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

awash with lemons

Well diet lasted 1 full day.....

Good God I'm hopeless. I have such a strong resolve for most things in life - just not food and drink it would seem.....

Not gonna mention it again. I tried and failed. Move on!

Went out with a work colleague tonight. ate loads and sunk half a bottle of wine. Feel fabulous! Actually feel fat and bloated but not gonna talk about it, right?? I'm actually lying...well sprawled, on my bed, my very big bed and feeling quite uncomfortable and very grateful that it's just me in, or on, it.

Okay, lets have a rant!

1) I hate those flipping ridiculous 'Sat Nav' systems people fit in their cars. If they've been fitted retrospectively they light up the inside of the car like a firework and become totally distracting, and therefore dangerous. In the UK to drive your car with the interior light on is illegal so why is having a mounted flashing unit on the dashboard different?? Besides, just use a good old fashioned map. Or perhaps people can't read anymore..... DO other countries have them???

2) I'm soooooo over reality tv and celebrity reality shows. Who cares? I crave some culture!

3) Why are the good films on late at night when I want to go to sleep?

4) Why does it take so long for my hair and nails to grow?

5) Why can't I say Happy Christmas??

6) I love my family and friends so much that want to take all their pain away

7) Will I remember I wrote this in the morning and will I remember I have to get up for work???

6 Comments:

  • At 8:33 am, Blogger Dave Hill said…

    I think the half bottle of wine you had was a wee bit much !!!
    Imagine if you had the full bottle you would have been there all night.
    You sound a bit down and need of a cuddle.

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A view on those questions!
    1) Agree with you and i always want to try and see where they are going which is ridiculous. My eyesight was never that good and now is getting worse.
    2) Thanks God for the ability to record 'proper' programmes to watch when that rubbish is on. It's all descended into such cringemaking rubbish that I despair.

    3) Because they are aimed at those of us with a brain.
    4) For the same reason when you want a new haircut to last it doesn't!

    5) No idea - dyslexic lips probably!

    6) You're a mother with alcohol - dangerous.

    7) Probably but with a wince and a smile and a 'sod it - that was yesterday!'

     
  • At 7:49 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    DH - I was definitely fed up and in need of a cuddle last night. Tonight I am soooo tired I could sleep standing up!

    CJ - You know me so well....! Yep, sod it that was yesterday is just what I was thinking all day

     
  • At 8:34 pm, Blogger B. Miller said…

    Yes, my friend, the Sat Nav systems exist in America too. My girlfriend and I are always lamenting about them. Both of us have ADD and are distracted easily so when the kiddies in the car beside us are watching Spongebob it can become dangerous... LOL

    And you can always try "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays", or "A pleasant Non-Denominational Winter Holiday to you" if Happy Christmas just won't roll off your tongue... ;-)

     
  • At 4:23 pm, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    It sure sounded that you had a good feast. I think the wine talked too.

    Sharing your thoughts:

    1) Yes, we have Sat Nav in cars here too. I think it's cool though. Then again, I am a techno gadget geek who doesn't own a car. Sigh.

    2) Thank goodness there is very few of those reality shows here.

    3) So that they can show reruns on prime time again.

    4) Why does my chest hair not grow at all?

    5) Let's wish Happy Christmas this year!

    6) Ditto.

    7) Tanie, you wrote the list last night. Did you get to work today?

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

     
  • At 4:51 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Hey, I got to work....barely...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home