Pink Icing

Sunday, January 06, 2008

reflections in a mirror

January is historically a month for reflection and I woke with a hot sweaty jump early this morning. Not because some hunk was trying to engage me in a little bit of rumpy pumpy, or that the heating thermostat had surged, or that big ugly scary monsters were about to get me in my dreams. No. As usual, with no heating on and just a summer duvet for cover, my menopausal system I having been living with for the past 6 years overheats and won't allow sleeping for more than 3 hours without disturbance.

Not ideal but that's a whole different story......

Reflecting on matters and thinking about yesterday's post, I remembered why I started this Blog back in May 2005. Actually I didn't start it. 2 guys started it for me as a live diary to the web site they had also created. The whole thing was created as a tool for information and contact during a sabbatical I had planned.

I was pausing my demanding life and travelling across the southern states of the US, east to west, over 3 months....on a Harley....on my own.

The Blog, it was explained to me, would be a way to write a diary of my time so that my family and friends would know I was alive.

Well things have moved on considerably!!

After a number of complications, went to the US, loved it, wrote the Blog, came back. Still wrote the Blog, I think it kept something of my journey alive.

Today I have decided to continue with the Blog, apart from my Darling Daughter and The Boy, it's the one constant in my life. How its morphed to date is just as relevant to me now as the content back in 2005.

It is an exercise for me and if others read it then that's good as well. If some comment that's encouraging too.

The web site name ownership lapsed as did the hosting. As I didn't 'own' it I wasn't able to do much about it, or anything that I understood. I have now bought the name again and will look to put together a new site, one I control! What this will be about will prepare for the future.

For now, I'll keep going with the Blog........hope to see you again

for recent readers; why I remembered I like Blogging. Find these posts, Can't work out how to do the automatic link, sorry....


Saturday, January 20, 2007
Tour of Duty


Saturday, January 27, 2007
Afternoon tea at the Ritz

9 Comments:

  • At 1:56 pm, Blogger di.di said…

    Yes, please keep blogging! Don’t ever think that im not reading your blogs! :P

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger EL PADRONE said…

    You're Welsh ?

    Whereabouts ? You're fortunate to come from the "Greatest Nation On Earth " (My American friends hate me for saying this !).

    M.

     
  • At 10:01 pm, Blogger Jan said…

    How interesting!

    I can't even imagine getting on a Harley, much less riding one across the U.S.!

    You've got a lot more intestinal fortitude than I do, my friend! :)

    I'm going to have check out the blog..and I do hope that you will keep blogging!

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger Wendy said…

    Traveling through the States sounds fun, not having to worry about anything and just going through from place to place... definitely sounds fun.

    I hope you keep blogging, too!

     
  • At 6:28 am, Blogger Princess Pointful said…

    It is funny how things evolve, hey?
    I don't think the reason anyone gets into blogging is the same reason they keep on writing...

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger won tong said…

    What a great surprise that you left a comment on my blog.. I will make sure I book mark your blog as well.. Hope you have a happy healthy blessed New Year... thanks again for your visit!

     
  • At 3:34 am, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    Touring the Southern US on a Harley. Sweet!

     
  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Craig D said…

    Wow! Did you pass through Fayetteville, NC? That's where I'm stuck...

     
  • At 7:06 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    dd - thank you, glad to know someone does read it sometimes!

    m - yep, Welsh through and through. And very proud.... South Walean lass

    Jan - Well that was the plan...things happened along the way before I even got on that plane..... I learnt one helluva lot about myself on the trip. Planning the next one....

    Wendy - exactly! The only plan was my return date but apart from that I had nothing planned at all. It was amazing

    PP - it is funny indeed, I have learnt things that I hadn't made any consideration for. Who knows where this Blog will be by the end of 2008!!

    SC - Glad you made it back here.

    W - You Americans know just exactly how to create the perfect touring scenario, thank you!
    I read your profile and was astounded by the depths of the whole incident. Glad you are still with us and that your cathartic writings help us all

    Cd - Fayetteville, NC. Went to Lafayette. Poor American geography I'm afraid, don't know what NC stands for! Guess I didn't pass that way......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home