Pink Icing

Monday, November 27, 2006

Bearing arms

Dear UK

Fed and watered now just off to find a Fedex (have to ship some of this stuff home..) and then off...well actually have no idea at this precise moment. A little cooler here today so probably a good day to climb another mountain. Or might try and see the 'new' Great Room at Karchner Caverns. Oh I dunno, tell you later.....

Had a delightful buffet lunch with Mara yesterday. Phew these places know how to throw a spread! The waiter at the restaurant was the same man who served me when i first came to Tucson 7 years ago, cept he''d aged. Then it occured to me that I'd aged also! I rushed off to the loo (ahem, rest room in American) and stared at my reflection. NO! It can't be. Ooooh it's true......

I'm just the same as I was 7 years ago.......
Ha, who freaking cares what I look like. I actually don't. Guess that's what 7 years later does for you!

Anyway, after my blow out, I had to leave Mara and get back to my hotel and rest on the bed for a hour or so. Mmmm could have been those Mimosa's ......

That evening after a walk around the block. Well okay, my bedroom, I popped into the business center at the hotel to use a pc. They have 2 here and the room is hot and smelly, so you only spend a few minutes on the computers I suspect. Anyway got chatting to another Airforceman. He'd been to Oxford for 4 months and was familiar with London, Oxford and the English way. We had a drink at the bar and rambled on and on about the little differences. Didn't realise there were so many.... Anyway it was good to talk. No that's BT's answer isn't it. It was just pleasant to chat to someone who knew what petrol was.

I'm learning fast that these very nice young men are not exactly liberal..........

Oh yeah and earlier that day I asked one of the leaders, what do they call them, Sarg? Maybe Sir, Captain, General, oh I don't know. Anyway we were both in the lift, ooops sorry elevator, and I asked a favour. I need to download the pictures on my camera and did he have anyone with a laptop that could help me cos I can't do it on the hotels pc as they haven't got the software and won't let me download it. He marched me off, no he did, he said, walk this way and did a funny walk. So I did too. Others laughed. So did he, which was a relief. Then he asked me if I was from Arkansa (How DO you spell that?!) I said oh, no, England. He laughed and I realised they do have a sense of humour....(oops sorry humor) So hopefully I should be able to sort the pics out today. Look don't go expecting much, I think I'm only in 2 and I doubt whether I'll show those.

I'm very impressed with the size of fruit in the US. Oh and what is to me, the reasonable cost of food and gas. Although I do seem to have much gas after yesterday's buffet.......