Pink Icing

Monday, November 20, 2006

Our daily bread

Dear UK

What a difference a day makes. Thank you for your words of support.

Okay let's play catch up.

After Fort Stocton I travelled up to Artesia and stopped in a Holiday Inn. You know all these rooms are beginning to blur into each other! Had a lovely visit to the Pecos Museum in Pecos, naturally! I'd definitely recommend a visit. Friendly curator lady gave me all sorts of information. I think she just wanted to hear me keep talking actually. All I keep getting in the smaller places is 'I just love the way you speak'. It's actually quite nice. I do hope I make tourists welcome if I have occasion to meet them in the UK.

Anyway they were getting ready for the Christmas season and the theme of the Christmas exhibition this year is Candy. They had made a wonderful windy walkway of candy buttons on the floor and were making lots of enormous candy wrappers to adorn the place with. They were expecting 1200 children to visit by the Christmas break. I hope all 1200 of them find it a magical experience. They have a website which I said I'd visit. I also suggested that they take a picture of the event and post as I was disappointed to miss it.

Oh and I went to see Santa Clause 3 that night. I enjoyed that last 2 films, in fact I saw the first in Arizona, but was disappointed with this one. Still I only paid $4 to see it! I couldn't believe it, I thought he'd said the wrong amount. So I splurged on popcorn. I had a medium box and accepted the offer of 'buda' gratefully. Oh yuck was that a mistake. It was foul. Liquid butter on popcorn, what was I thinking....... I couldn't eat it, not a bit.

Yesterday I found myself in Roswell. (Cue spooky music) It was fun actually. I visited the Roswell Center of Research or something like that. It was very interesting. Made me think. I'd never really thought about it either way but walking round I did think. Hoax, was my first thought. Then I thought, very elaborate. Then I thought, if these offical documents are true then, woah. Then I thought, what fun. Then I thought, why in all the places in all the world does an alien have to land in America in 1947???

As I drove out along the New Mexico desert I thought how easily it would be to cover up stuff there. And how easily it would be to trial all sorts of new crafts. As I got excited by the changing landscape to mountainous desert I got lost in thinking about aliens, when I bought myself back to earth I was on the Billy The Kid Historic Trail.........

You can see how easy it would have been to hide out in them thar mountains.

Arrived in Silver City last night. Stayed in a B&B that's also a Spa so today I have indulged my travel weary body.
This morning I sank into the delighyts of a Hot Stone Therapy Massage. Boy I could hardly stand afterwards, heaven. Then I had a few bits waxed, say no more. Then I had a manicure and pedicure. Then I drifted off to sleep in my bed for an hour and a half and now I've finished wandering the streets and have found a delightful Internet Cafe, full of kids mind you but it does have a charming young lad from Norflok, UK serving in his spare time. He's studying Golf, at least I think that's what he said he was doing at University.

Tomorrow it's off to Arizona. I feel a bit like I'm going home. Weird. But I do love Arizona. I would actually make it my home, well only if The Family would join me often.

Still have much to catch up on but will have to leave that for another day.

Oh yeah, spent an hour in Walmarts last night. Had to buy some salad and fruit, getting desperate. Stood in a very long queue and got chatting, as you do, by the time it was my turn on the conveyorbelt we had a fair sized group of people telling all the places I should visit, places I should avoid, food I should try etc.

Thank you America for making me feel so welcome! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home