Pink Icing

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

X rated, parental guidance req!

Dear UK

Had a mooching day yesterday, really lovely. Pottering around doing nothing in particular, all without guilt.

Stopped by a Toys R Us to see if i could get something for The Boy's first birthday. Only thing that i saw that was really good and different was a rocking horse that sang when you tweaked his ears. Trouble is it would not fit in the suitcase so I left it. And he really wanted to come back to the UK with me I could tell..........

Had afternoon tea at the Inn; peanut butter brownies and english breakfast tea. No sherry today. China plates and teacups & saucers with napkins, a floating candle and oh so much more. Must remember to take a photo today.

The weather was much cooler and a terrific wind was up on the beach. I sat on the beach with an umbrella up that Steve (Inn assistant) had impaled deep in the sand for me. I sat there looking very typically British, all stoic in the face of the raging wind and sandstorm........... Actually it was lots of fun, I was all wrapped up and found it very invigorating, the sea was crashing around, it was wonderful. Every so often I wondered what it would be like for you the other side......

Had an early supper, fortunately very uneventful and then craved an early night. Well actually I craved some peace to read 'Love In a Cold Climate' by Nancy Astor. I filled the enormous jacuzzi bath up, lit lots of candles and read my book. Simply heaven!

That is until I realised that I wasn't the only guest after all at the Inn that night.........

X Rated
Do not read if you are of a sensitive nature, my daughter, or indeed my parentals.

Of all the rooms in all the world he had to stay in the room next to me. He was loud and obnoxious, waffling on and on on his cell phone. Yikes am I getting Americanised, I do of course mean his mobile phone. I was still content swishing around in the huge bath with the sort of bubbles that envelope the female stars in a Hollywood bath movie scene. I'd finally got to the bit in the book that explains Polly's behaviour when I heard noises the other side of the wall. Oh good Lord no. Right concentrate, what had Polly divulged? Not the Lecherous Lecturer! Heavens. Ooooo, okay.....I seem to remember that sound. Fanny didn't realise? NO! The sounds from the adjoining bathroom could only be......... Lord Montdore would cut them off?.......maybe that would bring Polly to her senses...... the sound of male sexual gratification....on his own?......No.....yuk!

I giggled to myself realising that he clearly did not think he was overheard, or perhaps indeed care that he was. Men, ha!

I should be intrigued to come across the gentleman at breakfast.


Cept he'd high tailed it at 7.30am, skipping breakfast, and me the pleasure of a loaded smile.........

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    did you spot the mistake? Of course the book is by Nancy Mitford.......

     
  • At 12:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I picked it up but decided I would change it when I edit the Ms of your book, if you hadn't caught it before then, and you have!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home