Pink Icing

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Major Tom to Ground Control

Major Tom to Ground control, I'm in the countdown engine zone and the ignition is definitely on.....

Phew, getting excited in waves now, supplemented with waves of panic as I realise I haven't done everything on my 'to do today' lists.

Okay, I've booked flights, car hire for a bit and 1st 2 nights in a hotel. Sorted. All I need to remember is my passport....yes yes CJ I HAVE checked it's in date.... Have I ever mentioned to you my birthday present from CJ & Martin a few years back? Ah well, I'll save that tale for a quiet day on the trip......

Oh yes, I had my grey hair banished yesterday and all the straggly ends chopped off and a new looking me emerged. I got quite a shock when I fumbled for my toothbrush this morning, the power surge from the electric toothbrush always jolts me into life but I got more of a shock when I saw a different me staring back at me from the mirror. Why did I think I could allow myself to be au naturel.....???!

I have also hurt my back, think I did it lugging the Wedgewood china into the car last night. Whatever the cause, it's hurting and I am a little anxious to say the least of sitting on a plane for 10 hours. Can I take strong painkillers with me??

3 days now, blimey. Better get on with it. All I want to do is be with The Boy until I go.

Speak soon.....