Pink Icing

Friday, October 27, 2006

North by Northwest

Bags all packed and I'm ready to go.....

I was chomping at the bit to get on but I had a free night at the Inn and at those prices I wasn't gonna let that go. So here I am in the Library, car parked in the car park with a boot full of stuff. How did I manage that? My suitcase won't close properly, even with the extendable section extended..... I have loads of bags that I was desperately trying to downsize last night before bed. Sort of worked....Might have to buy one of those bags to put in the overhead storage on the plane. Blast.

No idea where I'm going, except North. Might try St Augustine, sounds lovely, historical and all that. Or then there's Cassadaga, a tiny place with one hotel, no gas station or ATM and an entire population that practices, spiritual healing, tarot cards, fortune telling etc. That could be fun!

I haven't booked a room anywhere as usual, besides, if I'm going to Cassadaga I'm sure they'll know before I get there.........boom boom!

You'll all be pleased to know it's windy and overcast here today, with 70% chance of a storm. Now what I don't know is what sort of a storm that could be. If it's hurricane and thunder stuff then I want to head for cover naturally, if it's just a downpour then I'll carry on driving. Better speak to the kindly librarians.

Actually there is one lady here that seems to think I'm an idiot, her expression says a million words. Tomato, tomate - oh, what's the difference??!!!

I hope I don't do that to foreigners.

Oh gracious I've just twigged that the huffy puffy noise coming from the Germaine Greerlike lady in the corner is actually the automated doors opening and closing. I thought she had real trouble with her breathing! Cos of the acoustics it sounds like she had some sort of serious nasal difficulty; huge long noisy inhaling and exhaling. She's been in here every time I've been in here and I have really done her an injustice, drat. Not that she would know, well hopefully. I've apologised in my head to her.

Actually I've just smiled, I think she thinks I'm odd...

Right time to log off and flee Melbourne Beach xxxxx

4 Comments:

  • At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tanie...
    Thought I'd check out on how you are?

    Will you be paying LG a visit on PEI?

    Keep living it large. Take care!
    Lots of love,
    Margox

     
  • At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Which would rather live in, Flo, PE or BS?

     
  • At 8:04 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Ah ha Margo, glad to see you checking by. Doing okay, lots to catch up on over the last few days......

    No won't be popping over to PEI

    speak soon xx

     
  • At 3:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's right, Tanie luv, save the real world for later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home