Pink Icing

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

This little piggy went to market

You know how peculiar and unique life is. (statement not a question!) Well last weekend I found many reasons to feel very grateful for my lot.

Thursday early evening I had spent some time on business in the village I used to live in. Once I'd wrapped up matters I took a journey down memory lane and drove passed my old house. Oh it looked exactly the same. 6 years had flown by and it is on it's second owner after me. I parked the car and strode up to the front door of my ex neighbour.

I knocked

I waited

Brian answered

He remembered me

6 years isn't that long but he is a retired gent who has diabetes and I didn't know what to expect. Would he be dead, widowed, moved or mad??

He was happy to see me

Phew!

Ushered in I was confronted with Yvonne

Captured in the narrow hallway with Brian behind me, Yvonne was trying to plant a fat smacker on my face, far too close to my mouth

I have to tell you I don't kiss people I don't have sex with unless they are close to me, very attractive, healthy or rich. Or I'm drunk!

Yvonne is none of the above......

Air kissing IS much more acceptable

After negotiating myself out of the entanglement we spent a very pleasant 40mins and I was on my way. Addresses and phone numbers exchanged. I wanted to let them know I still cared


That same day I made contact with another lost contact. Barbara C. A senior citizen. Having dropped a card off at her house she called me at the weekend. Barbara C lives on her own and was a very talanted actress and director. She and I worked together many years ago and she was of great inspiration.

Barbara C has had a stroke.

I cried. I cried for everything that was. I cried for everything I had wasted.

Barbara C survives and is coping with the aftermath. We will meet up this weekend. She is amazing.


Then I had the pleasure of being invited to supper with Martin and CJ. They know all sorts of things about me and still let me in their house!! Can't be bad eh?

CJ's youngest called round.

As grown up kids do when they move away, Nick needed to be fed, pick Mum's brains and tell everyone about his Adorable Girlfriend.

Nick is still learning about the intracies of female logic........

When Nick came in to give me a hug I panicked. He is a giant!

No really

Nick must be 8ft 4ins..............well okay, maybe 6ft 3' (CJ any help here??)

I stood on the sofa and tried a 'come over here you' in a Mummsy sort of manner.

Sadly even with me standing on the sofa to hug him Nick still stood taller than me.........

yee Gads......I AM a dwarf....!!

Supper was scrummy. Was it really really Weight Watchers you two???? I feel so relaxed with Martin and CJ, it's so calming and safe. They just 'get me'. And they don't seem to be alarmed or phased by any area of my life.

I love 'em totally.....

I managed to squeeze in some time with Darling Daughter and The Boy. He truly lights up my life.

Carol (sister of extended family) has now been diagnosed with a form of Parkinsons and is in a wheelcar and unable to do anything for herself anymore. Walking is problematic, she needs carers 24hrs to help wash, shower her and manage her catheter bag. Her prognosis is bleak and we all watch her deterioration with frustration and tears.

I am unlikely to win the Lottery, either side of the Atlantic, but when I sit back I see that I have so very much more

How's your life???

16 Comments:

  • At 8:58 am, Blogger Dave Hill said…

    Nice words.
    Makes a change to hear from someone who cares about others.
    When you look at the world and look at yourself you think how lucky we are as a individual.
    I don`t mean money i mean our health .
    Keep up the good Blog.

     
  • At 8:20 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Dave H - thank you for returning and the kind words. You know, I AM grateful for my health. we just don't know what's round the corner

     
  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger Casdok said…

    Lovely post.

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Blogger Indigo said…

    Hi Pinky :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Wow! You've had so muh goiing on! this is the first time for me visiting you site. You seem like a really neat person. Blessed Be. :)

     
  • At 11:39 am, Blogger Indigo said…

    Oh... Life in the Indigo Universe is pretty good :)

     
  • At 2:26 pm, Blogger Preity Angel... said…

    Very lovely post..I enjoyed reading it.

    My life is going well..

    see you later

    Angel

     
  • At 7:28 pm, Blogger CJ said…

    Yep Nick is a tall boy - can't understand it. He's 6'4" and I have to stand on a chair or wait till he's sitting down to clip him round teh ear! Adorable girlfriend is 21 next week so I'm sure you will hear more about her soon. Its always a pleasure to have you over - it doesn't happen often enough. We don't have the energy for all the laughing! Love you hunny x

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger DNR said…

    A fly-by post to just say HI... HI!! Got your note, everything is fine. Just busier than a one arme paper hanger.

    Hope to catch up on your posts and post again soon.

     
  • At 12:19 am, Blogger Pink said…

    yep...life is a struggle sometimes...and yet, right now, I'm grateful to still be walking :)

    xx
    pinks

     
  • At 1:19 am, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    Wonderful post.

    It's good to see someone who is grateful for what they have.

    I am so sorry about your sister Carol.

     
  • At 4:23 pm, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    Beautiful post. Yes indeed. We have so many little things that we should be thankful for regardless.

    A great reminder. Thank you for sharing.

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Blogger Jan said…

    I think we do tend to take things for granted, including our good health, which you don't realize is all that great until you no longer have it.

    Sounds to me like you make the most of your life, and don't mind sharing it with others..that's a good thing! :)

     
  • At 6:33 pm, Blogger Preity Angel... said…

    Just stopped by to say hello to you.

    Hope you are doing well.

     
  • At 5:54 pm, Blogger di.di said…

    PMS sucks!!! I hate it. It's most unfair that girls have to suffer and men don't. Saying that, I dont think many man would be able to cope with period pains or chilbirth.. :P LOL No offense, guys!!!!

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Indigo said…

    Hi Pinky!

    Life is going okay this week. And thanks for visiting my blog today. :)

    One of my goals this year is to grow spiritually. And I think I've been doing a good job at that. The Wiccan moral code is very condusive for treating others with dignity and kindness. Have a nice weekend. (oh... and Indigo incarnates)

     
  • At 8:04 pm, Blogger Preity Angel... said…

    Pink, i would say this is such a lovely post..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home