Pink Icing

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wonderful world of Ripley.....

Haven't called the Detective back.......yet....

Today at work was pants. Have presentation tomorrow so been busy as a bee. Sent email to my boss and the finance director saying the bonuses for my team were due in March salary.
Response?

My Boss: 'that's a very big ask'

what the fuck??

Finance director: 'they probably wouldn't get one in a different company in this climate'

eh???


So I said to 2 of my team, shut your computers, put your coats on, the drinks are on me.....

We had a lovely meal, few drinks and a jolly good moan

....even better....I put it all on my Company credit card......


On the drive back, with Sticky Fingers (Rolling Stones) blaring away, a few things didn't sit right. There were odd single newish looking trainers dotted on the kerbsides close to my home. At the crossroads in my village I stopped to let a fabulous classic Mercedes pegoda roofed sports car go by and felt this almighty thump.

Bang!

On the bonnet landed a very white and very new single trainer.

I got out of the car to see who and how it had dropped on my car.

Nothing!

Din nada

Zilch

There didn't appear to be anywhere to drop from. Weird and very confusing. I got back in the car, turned left and passed the last few shops before turning into my road. At the end of the village there's a charity shop (thrift shop) and outside there was a huge open cardboard box full of white trainers. I stopped the car and looked.

Somewhere in my brain it was telling me that this was all connected but weird.

I decided that I was too busy for weird tonight and drove on to my road.

I am now sitting snuggled up on my sofa, nursing a big Mickey Mouse mug of tea and feeling bemused but totally intrigued as to where on earth the wayward trainers came from

Help me out here guys. WHere could they have come from???

8 Comments:

  • At 12:54 am, Blogger One in Ten said…

    I would be saying the same thing maybe wind or kids on the roof? got me
    hey glad you had a good lunch tho!!!!!

     
  • At 9:07 am, Blogger Dave Hill said…

    HMMMM
    Maybe you boss has thrown a wobbly because your bonus is due in march???
    I like the idea of a company credit card, only thing is you have to explain why you had lunch !!
    Take care my love

     
  • At 7:49 pm, Blogger Preity Angel... said…

    Nice post.. but I don't have any words to tell you about ur boss..But I really like the idea for company credit card..I will tell my boss to get me company credit card as well. haha

    Your blog is awesome..

     
  • At 8:26 pm, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    I love that you took your co-workers out on the company credit card. Good for you!


    My guess on the trainers... Maybe they were thrown rather than dropped, or maybe some kids found a clever way to launch them with something.

    That or the shoe fairy went mad...

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Kelly Guyer said…

    Hmmm... mysterious flying shoes?! The shoe fairy must have a big catapult somewhere!
    Loved your treat for the staff... Have to admit I pulled that one before because my regional manager was refusing to pay out the commission owed to my staff... Also treated them to a new work out fit each! Serves him right!
    Good on ya girl!

     
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    OiT - probably pesky kids somehow! Yeah meal was great

    Dave - could be, don't think we're going to get any bonuses at all! Nah...I nEVER explain anything....

    Angel - good luck on getting a company credit card....

    w - my guess is that kids have come up with something clever. besides if the shoe fairy came surely she would have brought me fabulous high heeled Manolo's......

    KG - And a new work outfit?? Blimey that was generous....!!!

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger EL PADRONE said…

    Sorry to go missing for a while and I don't want to make you jealous but here in Cardiff we're celebrating a Triple Crown (as I'm sure you know) and looking forward to the French next week.

    Bring it on - happy days are here again.

    Best Wishes,

    M x

     
  • At 7:36 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Merlin - ah ha, yes it must be fanbloodytastic! Don't want to say it out loud in case it causes it to happen buuut..... with France needing 20 points clear to win we could be on for the Grand Slam. Now there'd be another reason for a pint of Brains........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home