Pink Icing

Monday, May 28, 2007

hotels and the Brits

So here I am, Bank Holiday Monday, and trying to write a report I need to email my PA tonight so I can have a relatively uninterupted week ahead. But I just can't seem to get to it..........

I'm off to Matlock in Derbyshire (UK) tomorrow to launch a sales and marketing suite. Did I ever tell you all what the new job was?? Hmmm, let's see how long it takes for someone to guess correctly.....!

It's torrential rain here in Surrey, England and I am told that it will be still bucketing down when I drive up tomorrow morning. And it's gonna rain all week. Great.

At least it was sunny when I launched the site in Maidstone, Kent last week. I just hope the hotel is reasonable. On holiday I can put up with many things but when I'm working I need certain things around me to make me feel rested and ready to fight another day.

All hotel rooms in the UK should have the following as standard
- Cotton wool balls
- Shower cap
- Conditioner (I paid £119 for an executive suite, inc breakfast, and I think these first 3 are basic requirements)
- Good lighting in the bathroom (not forgetting a mirror I can see in without the need of a chair to stand on...)
- Good shower spray pressure
- Hot water
- Ability to sit on the bed and see the TV without having to sit at weird angles retaining a cricked neck
- More than 6 TV channels (and I don't mean more 'adult' channels)
- Room service ( a decent 'cuppa' is sooo important, I just don't want a mini carton portion of milk substitute..)
- Windows that open more than 2" (we won't all jump out of them..)
- Air conditioning, now that we are engulfed by global warming

I am soooo excited to see what's on offer next week...............

You Americans would be horrified at us pompous Brits. You'd never put up with it.........

I loved my 'Tour of America' and can't wait to come back I just think that to make it absolutely perfect, give an all inclusive price on things. You have to pay it anyway so why can't you just give the final price?

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home