Pink Icing

Friday, August 19, 2005

You'll need a cuppa.....

Okay this might be a post that'll require a cup of tea or coffee as I have a feeling I might ramble a bit.....

Still in the ants- in- my- pants mode, I took off to Cornwall for a while. Clear the cobwebs of disappointment and all that. I guess it is the holiday month. And oh boy was it in Cornwall. I half expected the east of England to flip up with the weight of all those holidaymakers in the West. We had glorious weather for most of the time and I made the most of it. Managed to cover over a 1,300 miles which now seems hardly like a relaxing break!

Spent time with family, which is always good. Sat on the beach with my 2 stunning nieces which wasn't so good. I say this as they attract all manner of the male gender and to be lying in the middle of them feeling like a beached whale didn't do a whole lot of good for the ego believe me. The lifeguards seemed to think that they required special regular attention, apparently they are all friends. God the lines were so, erm, entertaining, but then I am, well, old! I see Travelling Companion as a perfect Lifeguard, wonder if he has been one in the past..........

Took some time out and stayed with Shelagh No Labels at Crackington Manor, the home of many old friends. Shelagh had taken her grandson away with her and we spent a couple of wonderful days on the beach. I did get a tad carried away with building sandcastles. Well actually a speedboat that was the envy of all the children and developed a very competitive spirit in many adults. Next day the sculptures that appeared all over the beach at the small cove would have equalled those at the Brighton Marina! None of which were a patch on my speedboat you understand! Me....competitive....never......

I also managed to catch up with Ali, Roger and boys who were in Cornwall to celebrate Grandads birthday. Grandma sadly managed to break her arm whilst climbing on a chair to close a window, let's all hope she's on the mend now.

I didn't get to play Scrabble with Ali, which has left me feeling like a crack head going cold turkey. Not a pretty sight at all.........

Still, Lil Sis managed to feed me all sorts of yummy scummy food that I have put ON over half a stone! No it isn't her fault, she didn't tie me up and force feed me, she simply cooks divine meals and treats that are impossible to refuse, no matter how full you feel. Forget Delia and Nigella, Lil Sis has it all............

Oh no, I guess it's back to the Cabbage Soup diet tomorrow, yuk.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home