Pink Icing

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

When the mood takes you

Ants in my pants took me off on a whirlwind trip recently. Went up to Scotland to see Tori who I worked with at Countryside Properties some time ago. Took a Pitstop at Ali and Roger's in Morecombe on the way up. Sat with Ali playing Scrabble drinking bubbly with Roger playing many a tune on the guitar. It was a great end to a very pleasant day. They say that everyone has a talent in them that someone falls in love with, Ali and Roger have a good thing going. And hey you two I do have a FABULOUS pink hat that's available for weddings................

I arrived in Glasgow with some time to spare before I met up with Tori so did what I have a talent for.........shopping! Yep I did buy a pair of shoes. Look, they were in the sale okay and are pink sandal type things so will be perfect for the journey......

Tori has a great flat, one with very tall ceilings and original floorboards, coving and ceiling roses, and made me extremely welcome. We ate so much food I put on at least half a stone in 3 days!! We visited the Burrell Collection, and no not the twat of a valet or butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, but the chap who played competition with Randolph Hearst in creating a collection of artworks and antiquities. Hearst had a far bigger bankroll to play with but there are 9000 pieces in the Burrell Collection and only ever about 2500 on show at any one time.
On Sunday we went to the Scottish Show at Scone (pronounced skoon) Palace. It was very entertaining and we met up with Tori's family who had travelled down to stay with Auntie Fiona for the Show. Scottish hospitality is superb and they made me feel very very welcome.

Even the Police and security forces were out in full force and there was me thinking that it was all for me when in fact it was for Tony Blair and his cronies at the G8! A lot of people were in town for that I can tell you.

The mountains and lochs were a spectacular sight and it always astounds me that as man we create swathes of cities into million years of evolution yet 20 minutes away our pathetic destructive attempts can not be marred by Nature in all its glory. Glencoe is a must- see and Glasgow is a beautiful city that I would encourage you all to experience.

And what of motorbiking I hear you ask? Well I dropped briefly in on Travelling Companion on the way home and he gave me some very useful advice and allowed me to rethink the project without the pressure that I have been putting myself under. TC's Mum fed and watered me and I was then ready to continue my journey on the M1.

That motorway really is a pig to drive on. But it would help enormously if car drivers actually drove properly. Soap box coming up..... Why the bloddy hell do drivers sit in lanes? All it does is clog up the motorway. You drive on the inside lane and only come out to overtake then move back in. Simple isn't it??! Well drop the testosterone fellas, give up your licence you old farts and all of you just move back into the left lane......grrrrrr

Lazy day today and then back to business tomorrow

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home