Pink Icing

Monday, July 25, 2005

A little love in my heart

Ah ha, well when I said that I knew how to put pictures on the Blog, it did mean of course that they were already accessible on my lap top. Sadly I haven't really worked out how to take pictures with the digital camera yet so I'm guessing downloading will be even more fun. Managed to delete an entire collection and have absolutely no idea how I did it....... Oh good grief!

CONGRATULATIONS to Alex and Steve on baby Mia Jasmine who put in her first appearance this weekend. Well done to all of you.

Also this weekend Granny Trek finished and I am looking forward to Beryl's last Journal entry.

I on the other hand had a different type of Sunday to Granny Beryl. 5am saw me in the shower, scoffing Weetabix and on the road with the 'Crew' to get to Waltham Abbey to join in fun called the London to Cambridge Charity Bike Ride. No, the Crew (Me Ali, Dion, Karen & Mandy) didn't actually ride on the event this time, we were more, well, spectators. Well I certainly was. How jolly clever of the people at Breakthrough Breast Cancer to recognise that I would be uncontrollable in my support with all the hunky, lithe bodies in tight Lycra............!!!

Next local event is the London to Windsor fun ride, starting from Richmond Green on 4 September. This Ride will be in support of the NSPCC. For the more energetic among you, log on to www.bike-events.com for more information and on other rides in the UK and Europe.

Sod how 'politically incorrect' it is but my only requirement for the early starts are that the De Vere boys are there in abundance this time........