Pink Icing

Thursday, July 07, 2005

And the baby is.......

....to be a BOY...!!!!

As Alex was working Natalie asked me to attend the 22 week scan last week, the one that can often determine the sex of the unborn baby. Things have certainly changed since I was pregnant and I was awash with awe as I was introduced to my Grandson who punched the air, kicked Natalie's bunched up organs and then opened his mouth very wide a few times. Some may say he was yawning but I believe he was talking to his Mum and Nanna. It was an amazing experience and one that I think would be difficult to surpass, in fact why would you want to?

Perhaps it was obvious he was to be a boy as my vegetarian daughter is craving meat of all description and has developed a very aggressive nature. Far too many male testosterone hormones in there methinks.

I talk regularly to him and now I know he's a he I can bond even more. They are favouring the name Loki so we can call him by his name when talking to Natalie's bump. Say it often and it'll grow on you. Natalie is heavily into Ancient History and Loki is a character from Nordic times that was very naughty & mischievious and is now chained up to rocks as punishment. I think that's the jist of it, will check in more detail with her and correct where needed!

I really must remember that this is Natalie's baby not mine.........

Well having been introduced to Loki I decided that the handsome chap needed everything that a new baby should have so Nat and I went shopping and I managed to deplete Mothercare, Next, BHS and M&S of all boys baby clothes, prams, cots etc.

Looking forward to meeting you Loki xx

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home