Pink Icing

Monday, July 18, 2005

Inspector Gadget

I've said it before and I'll say it again - when you're feeling low feed your soul. So I did, took myself off to Stroud to see Shelagh 'No Labels' in The Tempest on Friday night. Such fun and very enjoyable. Sitting on her decking over looking Rodborough Common in glorious sunshine Saturday morning I decided to take myself and Ms No Labels off to the beach. We went to Ogmore and Southerndown in South Wales, places of considerable joy in my youth.

One of the great things about my beloved homeland is that the beaches are sandy. No I mean proper sand, the sort of sand you can make huge castles with, the sort that's scrummy to squish between your toes. And living in Wales you are no more than 30 mins away from a beach.

Well like all things, places also evolve, and Ogmore has evolved into a souless place. Doesn't seem to know what it is or what it wants to be. I would remove the very unfriendly mobile snack bar from the car park straight away..................

Can someone please tell me what this craze is for taking portable bbq's to the beach? Look just because something is possible doesn't mean ya should! It was scorching hot, really fabulous and suddenly mini bbq's popped up all over the place and so did the smoke and pungent smells. YUK.

Have we all become totally incapble of making our own entertainment without gadgets?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home