Pink Icing

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A World of Difference

One of the great things about being 'me' is my 'highs'....! They are exciting, invigorating, intoxicating and some may say, fun to be around. There are times mind you when I would love to be moderate, you know middle of the road and temperate. Why? Because I wouldn't experience such lows that can knock me for six.
Last night I was awash with fear and this morning ain't no better! I am having a panic about being able to pass my unrestricted bike test in time for the trip. Pressure. I know that I can ride the bike, Karen will testify to that, thing is I've gone backwards and I'm not sure why. I fell off a ER5 (big bike to those not in the know!) yesterday. At the end of a botched U turn. It was entirely my fault and I was furious with myself. Believe me, no one can be harder on me than me when I make mistakes!
I understand that the problem is mostly in my head and I am struggling to overcome it. Any tips gratefully received...!
I say mostly as I am vertically challenged and actually have difficulty reaching the floor on a big bike and still have a fear of not being in control of the damn thing.
Solutions I can see this morning:
Do it on a 125cc as it will give me a full bike licence, albeit restricted. Will that be a problem in th US?
Do the test in the US. Apparently much easier, more like our CBT.
Do it in a car...
Go with people...
Hide for 3 months.........
Go back to bed.........
Good grief I'm annoying myself now. Well I did say that you would see the good AND the bad.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home