Pink Icing

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

missing you already

So, went to work Monday...... By 12.30 I was ready to sleep under my desk and my thumb was really painful. I left just after 1pm, my wonderful Mom picked me up and dispatched me off to bed with a light wholesome lunch to follow my nap.

I love my Mum

She goes home tomorrow.........

Reality hit me at work. It's a bitchy chaotic mess. I dont like it.

Okay went to physio lady on Tuesday. Think her name is Georgia, or Georgina, or even Jo. Must confirm that as I want to get her a box of chocolates or something to thank her.

Suddenly in my tired old brain that sounds absurd, thanking a person who causes me pain...!!!

Anyway. GGJ shaved and stretched my weird cast to allow for some stretchy, medically smelly bandage strip to protect my thumb. Apparently my skin can breathe through it and it will stop the tender sensation I get from parts of my thumb rubbing on the cast.

GGJ upped my exercises as well. My 5 reps of touching each fingertip with a slightly bent thumb tip is going well. I now get to move my thumb out to the side a little way.

Oooooh I am really scared of this move. I'm frightened it will hurt more and it might break or snap.

It doesn't as GGJ is fabulous and knows just how to get me to do what she needs and take me through my fear barrier.

I said it felt funny. Like there was a lumpy thing in the middle of what should be soft flesh.

GGJ smiles as she often does and said calmly, but probably hysterically laughing inside her head, that it was my new tendon...............

Tonight Mom took me out for a drink and a great meal at a wonderful small pub near me. We chatted and chatted over an orange juice and a hearty meal and I tried to savour every moment of the time I had had her to myself.

I shall miss her when she isn't there when I come home from work tomorrow.....

7 Comments:

  • At 2:59 am, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    I'm glad you are making progress! Do thank your physio lady. She may cause pain but it will be worth it in the end. You are doing so well, be proud!

     
  • At 5:51 am, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    Looks like you're on the road to full recovery. Good for you!

    Mothers are wonderful people. You're a mother so, you know you are too.

    Set a date with her to go out sometime, make a routine outing so long as you both enjoy each other's company.

    We have our mothers only for so long, so making the most of it is wonderful.

    Have a great week ahead!

     
  • At 5:39 pm, Blogger A said…

    Ohhh! I hope it keeps healing! Even without your Mum! Isn't it strange that such a little body appendage can cause so much difficulty and pain? It's like we need it or something!

    A

     
  • At 9:50 am, Blogger Pink said…

    way to go on the good progress :)

    mums are precious...glad you're savouring her.
    xx
    pinks

     
  • At 2:51 pm, Blogger DNR said…

    Glas you are progressing well.

    Moms are the best. Your post makes me miss mine all the more.

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger . said…

    Aww, thats so precious that your mother and you are great friends!

    Hope that physio lady didnt cause you too much pain.

     
  • At 8:02 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Whim - thank you, I've come to trust her totally

    Imran - Thanks. Go Mom's of the world..... Have a great holiday/vacation, cant wait to see the pics!

    a - I know, what's that saying....you don't know what you've got til it's gone.... Thank goodness I might get it back!

    Pink - Mum's rock!

    dnr - good to see ya! Thanks for your words

    sunshine - Welcome!! Nah, Physio lady is brilliant

     

Post a Comment

<< Home