Pink Icing

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thumbs up

I've dropped the Tramadol - they've given me interesting aural hallucinations.....

It's evil. Evil .... EVIL......

Interesting, but not what I needed in my ears and head!!

So down to paracetamol from now on......


Went to physio this afternoon. OUCH! She massaged, with firm pressure, cream onto my newly healing wound in small little circles. I must do this twice a day. I'm frightened, my wound will open up I think!!!

Next she made me exercise my fingers. Ha! Piece of cake.... Then she made me move the tip of my thumb.
Did it move???
Yes, yes I'm sure it did.
Physio Lady (Drat forgotton her name) said that was good.

Did she say that to everyone..........

Then she asked me to touch the tips of all my fingers with the tip of my thumb. Index finger? Easy. Middle finger? Wobbly and tender. Ring finger? Painful and just too wobbly. Little finger?? Nice Physio Lady said we'd just concentrate on the first 3 fingers for now.......

I'm hopeless


I do however have a room full of flowers..... They are lovely and it's good to know people care.

When I'd just come out of hospital Scottish Karen came laden with grapes, magazine and flowers. Perfect! The flowers passed away yesterday but I was able to save one pretty rosebud and put it in a small glass dish and it now sits on the bedside table. I love Scottish Karen, she puts up with me in all situations

Martin and CJ came a calling at the weekend. I love them to bits. They always make time for me and accept everything I do with a smile! They bought me a fabulous pair of pink earings so that when I wear them I'll always remember this time

Friends are great. They get you through the bad times as well as the good.........

Do ya know? MEathead Neighbour has taken to speaking to me, enquiring about my health!!

Oh and I have had a trip to the hairdresser and returned to brunette. Gone are the blonde locks that my Mother didn't like. Interestingly, men didn't like it either................

4 Comments:

  • At 4:40 am, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 4:42 am, Blogger whimsical brainpan said…

    Usually when a Physio (I'm so used to calling them PTs) says you are doing good they mean it. Their job is to get you going again not coddle you.

    And hon you are not hopeless! You have to start out slow so you don't damage anything. As you build strength and recover you hand will do better. Be patient.

     
  • At 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have to get the blood flowing back to the area again so massaging it more than twice a day is good. Rub Vitamin E oil in - very good.
    Nick (of 'this little piggy went to market' fame is obviously jealous of the attention you have been receiving and has broken his little finger playing football last night. I as a concerned mother ascertained he wasn't in mortal danger and then asked if I could call back as I was eating my supper. He survived!

     
  • At 9:24 pm, Blogger Pink said…

    yep - am with wb...you are NOT hopeless...baby steps...or baby finger steps.

    you're going to have to be patient and if you believe you CAN, you'll be right.

    hang in there hon
    xx
    pinks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home