Pink Icing

Sunday, October 21, 2007

A mouse among men

Yesterday I felt a little emotional - no idea why. Perhaps just a build up of life in general.
This morning I have been reading all my old posts from Oct 06 - Dec 06. I want to have a shower, pick up my passport and get to the airport to get the next available plane to ...... well anywhere!

I'm looking to get a quick trip away in November. Something to look forward to. Time to write. No time these days

I have had some lodgers here for some time and it's been really hard to sleep through the night as they make so much noise I end up having naps of about an hour at a time. So I end up going to work all crabby and shattered. It's beyond a joke. I have tried a number of standard measures to get them to move on but to no avail. I have even taken to sleeping with a large heavy solid torch by my bed to bash them with if necessary!!

I called in the experts, finally, and some young lad of about 12 turned up - a day late - and informed me he'd do what he could do that day and he'd return in 2 weeks time to see if the actions had suceeded. It'd take a while and that I'd have to live with it for a bit longer. Could I move out for a while if it distressed me so much?

Not on your life.

I am reclaiming mine.....

I was convinced I heard some screams last Saturday morning. I put my hands over my ears. I couldn't cope with the guilt.

Why couldn't they have just moved out? Why had it got to get to this stage?

12 year old boy is due back on Wednesday to see if all is well in PinkIcing home once again.

Me, I just hope that 12 year old boy has managed to poison the MICE and they really are no more........

7 Comments:

  • At 4:40 pm, Blogger won tong said…

    Thanks for coming to my blog again. I was reading your favorite movies and I noticed that one of the classics of all the old classics that I'm watching was All about Eve. . I'm watching as many as I can and going to post the list on my blog to date. Maybe I'll do it this week? Again thanks for the visit. Take care.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Don't you just love real old classics? I could list so many more. Bette Davis is just amazing. As for me, well I flit between wanting to be Rita Hayworth dancing around the world with Fred Astaire and being Bette Davies...!!!!
    Hah, sums me up perfectly...........

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger DNR said…

    It wasn't until you said 'mice' in the last sentence that I had any idea what you were talking about. hahaha
    Just get a cat.

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    I thought you were disturbed by the next door neighbors... screams and all.

    It finally dawned on me that you have an infestation of mice. These are pests, but I hate to have to poison them too.

    Well, hope your... what? A 12-year old pest-control boy? Wow!

    Hope your problem gets resolved and happiness will once again transcends to Pink Icing home... crabby mornings no more.

     
  • At 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please don't ask her to get a cat. It was too traumatic for her (and those around her) when she waved goodbye to Onion and her sons Squeaky Bear and George. The mice will soon be gone (I speak from experience). As for the 12 year old - well they all look that age to us now don't they.

     
  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger Andrea said…

    We had a couple of mice 2 years ago and I was NOT happy. I hate them. Once they were dealt with my DH jokingly suggested getting a cat in case we ever had the same problem. Somehow we have ended up with 3 cats - this from people who have always had dogs. We love our cats so much that we're so glad we had those little "visitors".

     
  • At 6:39 am, Blogger Jane said…

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, we are at present fighting a battle with Mice in the loft. ugh! good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home