Pink Icing

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Skinny Minnie

Oh good grief. I have to sadly report I am as big as a house.....

I say sadly as I don't really want to be this big. Now I have never been a size zero, wouldn't want to be, but I have been a comfortable UK size 12 for my twenties and thirties. I have always been proud of my curves; boobs (natural!) and hips. Somewhere along the line I aged and put on weight. I didn't really pay attention. It just kind of happened without any blasted effort.

I could go on and on about the problems, excuses, reasons whatever they are. The fact is I am considerably more than a size 12.

How can I break the vicious circle?

I never diet, it is a torture that I never wish to put myself through. I love food, treats and naughty things. I did however manage a day of Detox Diet today. Lots and lots of water. Spent most of the day in the toilet as the water ran freely through my system. I got up 3 times in my meeting this afternoon!

It's almost the advent of the Christmas Party season and I can't bear hanging out with the 'London crowd' looking like this. Lil Sis once said to that people remember a smile more than anything else.......

Okay so managed day one, would like to get to day 14 so let's see how I go. Drat, it's going to be even more difficult with the business trips.

wish me luck .........

5 Comments:

  • At 10:03 am, Blogger Dave Hill said…

    I think you are what you are so theres no point trying to change it
    wheather it a size 10 or 20 its only vanity thats makes you change.
    You should go out and hold your head up high and be glad of life.

     
  • At 2:49 am, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    Do what makes sense to you most and enjoy life while doing it.

    All the best in what you do! You're a beautiful person and you know it!

     
  • At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know the feeling hun. My excuse at the moment is that I'm fightin anorexia ...... and winning!! I think we have moved too far to the 'treats' side and not saved them for special occasions - daily doesn't count. My trip to the gym is followed by fish nd chips - think I've got it wrong somewhere.

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Blogger DNR said…

    Good luck. I'm trying too... not loosing anywhere near enough for me. I too love food. It is torture, isn't it?

     
  • At 9:15 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    DH - Actually it's the fact that my clothes are stretched to the limit, and ther're my 'fat' clothes, that's making me consider dropping a few pounds

    MI - You know what, I do love life and enjoy it most of the time. Thank you for your kind comments

    CJ - Hurrah. I'm winning too! Ermmm, are they not for daily consumption then, those treats????

    dnr - hell yes, real torture. and for what? Today I simply just don't care. Sod it. Chocolate is my lasting friend....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home