Pink Icing

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The simple life

I've been back in the UK for 6 months now, can you believe it?

I can.....

I have really really itchy feet...........

I passed my probation period at work on Friday. Many a time I didn't think I was gonna get there but I hung on in there and, with the support of a few (Darling Daughter(DD), Karen L, CJ, Em & Bev, my parents and sister) dear friends and family I realised that I am the person I am supposed to be at work.

Thing is........ I want out. I yearn to be travelling once again. In a car and watching the landscape appear and disappear. Doing the things that I want; writing, having fun, meeting new people, climbing mountains and so much more

But it's okay, I'll go back to work tomorrow and convince myself that I can cope with The Plan that means I'll be getting up and going to work for another 3 years. Oh God I find that difficult to think tonight.....

The weekend has been far too quick. Had a very pleasant supper with Karen & Simon L earlier, she's a fab cook and I came away with a scrummy food parcel which I'll eat tomorrow night.

Seagulls and castles
Sunshine and sea
Wales is a calling
O'er the sea to me

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 am, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    Congrats dear friend!

    Yes, I know what you mean. I am like a free spirit myself and want out most times to travel be free.

    Weekends are great escapes until we get to escape a little longer on vacations... that is why weekends and vacations end just too quickly, simply because we are having so much fun.

    Have a great week at work and fun on the weekends.

     
  • At 3:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Real life does have a nasty habit of getting in the way doesn't it. Never mind - it makes the holidays even more precious. And you have so many things to accomplish here. Learning Excel (no on second thoughts I haven't got that much patience!!!). Better example a really cure grandson who loves his Nana.
    We just have to make weekends longer:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home