Pink Icing

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Crucifiction

So there I was, curled up on me armchair with plates of fruit, popcorn (cinema variety naturally) mug of tea and bottled water, oh yeah and the obligatory Hot Cross Bun, baying for blood. I was snarling and jeering at the spectacle before me.


Where was the Crucifiction?

Not a single effing reference to Christ and the Crucifiction on Good Friday in the UK on the 4 main television channels. What the hell was that all about?? Where WAS Max Von Sydow? Is Robert Powell only to appear in medical form now? I appreciate there appears to be 3 of him now and the haunting blue eyes look more than dead, but honestly he WAS Jesus wasn't he?????

All that was left to me was to throw the popcorn at the tele in utter despair and roam the streets inciting anger and a sprinkling of death and destruction. Well, a hot frothy milk and cinnamon cake at Costa Coffee was a start...............

6 Comments:

  • At 2:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jesus Christ Superstart was on - does that count?
    Mind you WE had a fab day on Monday with the Hot Cross Bun Queen - visited Burford Bridge Hotel and had the wander around the bikes. Our dear lady (Tanie not the Virgin Mary) had her yearn for the open road and tight leathers and with a sigh moved on. We managed to talkt for four hours without drawing breath - must cath up more often - luvs ya xx

     
  • At 4:40 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Oh yuk, pleeease, Rice/Webber! Well that was Sunday i do believe. Friday was THE day and it didn't raise a mention.

    Oh the catch up was so lovely. Yep 4 hours chat non stop and we still had more to say.....

    Sort of the same really....Virgin Mary....Tanie....yep that could be my mantle.....

    Sadly the Hot Cross Bun Queen will have difficulty fitting the now very tight leathers. New resolution: eat less naughty things, drink morre water

     
  • At 12:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should subscribe to sky ......
    i watched jesus and cried buckets it was marvelous........
    from your darling sister x

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweetie - I think its a long time since Virgin and Tanie were uttered in the same breath!

    Now does everyone reading this message board know it is the exalted ladies birthday on 1st May. Hoping she has remembered and we get together. Not a sinister one this year...... x

     
  • At 9:22 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Ah, yes I remembered last weekend CJ when you reminded me! And yep, I had forgotton again. Well I say forgotton, perhaps mislaid for a while. Okay I'd better think about it whilst I'm relaxing here in Cornwall. Relaxing!!! Methinks I need a break to get over this......

     
  • At 12:11 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Yes well darling Lil Sis I WOULD watch Sky of course if I had a home to watch it in, thanks for the reminder.....xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home