Pink Icing

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

City desk

How's your week going?

Me, well even though I try to have a gentle time, I always seem to end up with a few ups and downs.

Last weekend was good, Saturday early morning was given over to 2 hours of hot steaming mugs of tea, an array of trashy magazines, the beginnings of a new novel (no, reading not writing!) and all snuggled up in bed under the duvet, strewn with pillows and cushions. Bliss...

Took Simon L over to Miss X's to collect my motorbike. Thank you Simon. No fuss, no bother, just collected and deposited in new home, courtesy of Fletch. What a surprise that was. No not Fletch but his home. Preparing myself for a bachelor pad of beer cans, car parts and rancid milk cartons I was greeted with a well developed garden housing a quirky mural and an interior that has received a lot of effort, hard work and design. Now there may very well have been beer cans, car parts and rancid milk cartons but they were clearly filed or stored away. This man has talents as a carpenter, an electrician, a plasterer AND he's creative, generous and kind, phew girls, best of all, he's currently single! Form an orderly queue please and remember on this occasion I'll waive the 10% introductory fee........

Saturday night I taxied a couple of young school children to a party. Typical mischeivous kids though, giggling and chatting away in the car. When I dropped them off I did smile when I saw the young lad in his short trousers with one sock disappearing down to his ankle exposing the plaster on his knee. And the wee lassie looked very cute as her bunches bobbed away as she caught up with the lad and he turned and walked into the party with her. As the young girl stood just inside the front door I did chuckle as I saw her tug at the bottom of her dress, trying to cover up her legs. They did look so sweet and were so polite thanking me for their lift. Glad you had a good time at the Harley Davidson Start of Season Ball Mr & Mrs Levescont........

My hip is a lot better today. Hmmm, have I mentioned there was a problem?? Anyway, pain not so bad and had blood taken yesterday. I have to wait 10 days for the results. Seems an awfully long time to me. Is that what I have to expect now I'm at the mercy of the National Health again? All those years of paid health plans and not used, ah well.

We have The Bill filming at Abbey Mills again this week. No dahlings, I'm not rushing around in my Manolo's and red lippie. No really! It is after all a tele soap thing and not Johnny Depp, Nicolas Cage or George Clooney. Do you know, the only actors that would make me go all swoony would be Burt Lancaster and Fred Astaire. Well, if they were alive and in their prime, naturally.

Mother's Day was simply wonderful. I really do have the most Darling Daughter. Among the many gifts she gave me was a wonderful photograph album and lots and lots of new pictures of The Boy. Oooh I can't stop looking at his pictures. I got to spend lots and lots of time with The Boy as well. Have I mentioned he has teeth now? His slobbery lunges at my face are peppered with little pressure points from that growing tooth of his. Alex is very tolerant it has to be said. She also gave me a beautiful PINK suede album with loads and loads of pictures of her as a baby, including a few of me and her. She is finally building a relationship with her father and he gave her lots of old photos. I have to say it was so very special and thoughtful, thank you Darling Daughter.

Looking for anagrams: Mother in Law = Woman Hitler.......

M&S were great and delivered a perfectly, but hardly environmently friendly, boxed and wrapped bouquet of flowers to my dear Mother on Sunday. If I had my way, life would just be M&S and Fortnum & Mason's, aaaahh

Kisses and hugs to you all.......yep these pain killers are definitely working

5 Comments:

  • At 12:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gentle? Hey from what I read about you your life isn't gentle. Gotta say tho that's why I read it.

    Keep going you'll get there and try to find time to write more on your Blog, some of them bring a real smile to my face in the morning.
    Ted

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger Cath Delaney said…

    and I thought I had an eventful life..

    ;o)

     
  • At 11:49 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Ted - Thank you I think! Glad some of my drivel and rantings can raise a smile.

    c a d - glad you dropped by, have returned the gesture, left a message! Stop by again

    jane - very good of you to say so!That ocean is so big I do forget that others don't always understand the little differences. An understand i must if I am to travel to your United States for my adventure....... Please drop by again

     
  • At 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jane - please don't be concerned if you don't understand what our darling Tanie is going on about sometimes - we have known her for AGESSSSS and at times we haven't a clue either. Best to smile and we'll try and up the medication (loves ya Tan)x

     
  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    CJ - thanks for being so understanding, even when you both have absolutely no idea what's going on!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home