Pink Icing

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Box 46

Having spent another unsuccessful Home Visit to bond with my worldly goods and locate Box 46, I have given up and asked The Boy's Father to assist me with the purchase a battery charger for my camera.

Not you must understand, am I in any way shape or form akin to the likes of David Bailey, Terry Wotsit, you know Faye Dunaways ex or the blondish news photographer woman. (good grief my brain is slipping through a sieve today) but I love having my own small detail of things that matter to me. And, heaven help us, I can share some with you again!

Having taken Sarah F (flatmate) with me to locate the box and failed (cos I couldn't remember which numbered box) a while back, then returned myself on 2 seperate occasions with said Box Number implanted in brain, I failed pathetically once more. Grrr.

All this huffing and puffing I decided was simply not worth the breath and sweat and I should therefore purchase a replacement. Good grief, £69.99 in Dixons (UK discount tv/pc/camera type store) in Leatherhead but £14.95 inc post direct from Japan on Ebay. Being the impatient person that I am I decided to get it from Dixons.....

Shocked? Yep so was I. Darling Daughter pushed me onto a chair with a mug of tea and The Boy so I could rethink the situation. Without much rethinking I asked The Boy's Father to do the necessary on the computer and I shall wait 10 days for it to be shipped or flown to me.

See I have learnt lessons. Now can I have a plane ticket to Miami please..........

2 Comments:

  • At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello Tanie....
    Is the flight to the US of A booked?
    Have you auctioned off your shoes and hats?
    I sincerely hope so; or there will be "wigs on the green!"

    Lots of love Margo...back from France having imbibed lots of Margaux

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Oh Margo, how lovely to have you back. Things are back on track I'm pleased to say. Will let you know very soon!

    I adore France; the wine, the food, the company, the architecture, the way of life....aaaahhh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home