Pink Icing

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Calling all citizens

So here I am, back in the Library. I slumped back into my chair and tried to listen to the conversations around me, I drifted back to the Library portacabin in Everglades City, Florida.

Ooooh suddenly it all seems just too far away. I realise that I am fighting back a tear or two.

WHAT?

Turn off your mobile phone immediately?

Hurrah, the No Assistance Assistants have rebelled, they are standing up for a change. I am happy. When did they get a backbone? No matter, the obnoxious moman with a mobile stuck to his ear has been ejected. Hmmm, there's hope for Leatherhead yet..........

But what hope for me? I am sinking here. Where are the Military Boys? Come. Come now.

America unite. Bring me back. I need you. Please please please say you need me too........

Just a small foray from Iraq, you could fly over and drop a ladder. I don't particularly relish open heights but I can try. Wouldn't like to be left hanging over the Atlantic. It's too big to swim across.

America, here is your mission, if you accept, this message will self destruct shortly, if not than I indeed shall....

GET ME OUTA HERE.......

3 Comments:

  • At 4:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have enjoyed reading your account here. Travel of all kinds interests me greatly. It's such a uniquie experience because you see the places you go differently than anyone else who has ever visited there. When your eyes alight upon a place, your brain makes it yours. (does that make sense?)
    Come and stay whenever you like, and make more places "yours"!

     
  • At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you are going through, and I think you're one tough lady. Your other website proves it.

    I am weak without Wifey and our son when they are not travelling with me.

    All efforts will not be spared to bring them along on my business trips as much as possible, especially to the US and Germany... so this weak Asian man will not feel too "alien" in a new place.

    I would then have my "home" waiting for me right in the apartment or hotel for that length of stay.

    Hopefully you will meet good friends there who make you feel like you're home away from home, like LP said. No problem at all.

    Here's wishing you

    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

     
  • At 8:58 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Thank you both so much for your words. They have indeed helped. Come the 3rd Jan it's down tools and the next journey will be the main thing to deal with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home