Pink Icing

Monday, December 11, 2006

A load of nothing

Dear All

Okay so how did this happen? The time. Where on earth did it all go? It was October and all of a sudden it's December....

I do not want to go back to the UK. I just don't think I can. Connor, my darling Grandson, being born is the only thing drawing me back.

I want to keep going. Not just Tucson, I mean anywhere.

I'm not done
Days, dates and time have not registered in my head now for some time and it is a real shock to the system to have to jerk back into it.
The night before last I went out with Lynnetta. Well actually it was meant to be a girls night out but Lori was ill, Larry (designated driver) was ill and so we decide to just have a meal and early night. Ahem, well that was the plan and ya'll know me and plans........
I was having a drink in the bar with Charlie, Chris and Travis when Lynnetta came in to get me. I invited The Three Amigos to join us. As we were leaving 2 other chaps arrived and we all ended up at the Bamboo Inn in different cars and times. We all sat down at the same table and Lynetta was determined to do the boy girl seating plan. Bit tricky when there's only 2 girls to 5 boys...... Anyway I sat next to Charlie on my right and a Vin Diesel lookalike on my left. Herein known as VD, so apt..... His quiet confident demeanour housed an arrogant shite that sadly The Cincinnati Kid doesn't quite see. Ah well, he'll learn the hard way.
So, we ate, we drank, we chatted.
Oh and they took the mickey out of the way I hold my fork. Well as I pointed out, I hold it correctly, it is after all a fork and not a shovel.......
We then went on to a kareoke (have absolutely no idea how to spell that, nor am I interested) dive bar. It was a hoot. No I did not get up with the microphone, although I am sure that even my ghastly flat voice would have sounded better. They were nearly all really awful. I felt embarrassed for them. I wanted to throw rotten tomatoes at them but figured that it's not the done thing in America, everyone has a chance or right and all that tosh.......
Janis joined us after her barmaid stint at the hotel and we partied on. Us oldies danced til our feet hurt whilst the youngsters played pool and picked up even younger girls for the night. A fight broke out inside and was taken outside.
Do you know how frightening that is when you're in a strange land?
It disintergrated real quick with a handshake, all forgotton over a beer. Here the men seem men and don't have a need to prove it that much.
An equivilent in the UK doesn't usually end like that. Too much freaking testosterone flying around. Or is it a case of almost total emasculation.......
Next day I nursed a fuzzy head and was pleased to discover so was everyone else. Charlie, Chris and I went out to the Titan Missile Museum to blow the cobwebs away. And whilst I was feeling decidedy shabby, I was glad I got out and didn't waste the day. It was an ordeal for some of the time though, poor Chris fell asleep during the debriefing. That in itself was amusing but there were only 3 of us on the tour and we sat in the front row, so the poor monotoned guide must have felt uneasy! Of course all Charlie and I could do was guffaw like a couple of schoolkids. I got to be the Commander on the control panel and pressed buttons when told to. I was struggling with my concentration and dipped in and out of what was happening. A very loud bell rang to signal 'take off'. Me and Chris nearly took off faster than the Missile.....
Last night was spent talking to Lynnetta and Lori over a Sprite whilst popping in and out of the laundry room.
I very rarely drink sodas at home, not my cup of tea and all that,but as I mentioned previously I am drinking Coke a lot. My God, my teeth are suffering for it. Stop drinking Coke America, your kids even have it for breakfast. They won't have any teeth left.
Off to do a few last minute things today, heading back on Interstate 10 Thursday morning.
It seems months ago I was in Florida. Well I guess it was!
Better get snapping quickly..............
love ya'll xx

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 am, Blogger C-dell said…

    Congrats on the new grandchild.

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this a new one - did Natalie sneak in a double, I thought Connor was a year old! I think its the thought of him running up to you that pulls you back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home