Pink Icing

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Are all men hound dogs??

Dear All
(see how ya'll merged now!)

My thought for the day. Men and their attraction.

Are men really different in different countries?
At the beginning of this trip I think I was of the opinion that men are men wherever they are. Then I fell under the influence of some of the more American tactics, you know like chivalry, cowboys and men- are- men stuff. I was, and still am I should point out, taken with a gentleman holding the door open for me, checking my needs, the musical lilt to the accent, even the bastardisation of the English language, insistance on paying, all those little things. Ya'll even like my accent! It's all very flattering and it appears to work.
In Italy and Sicily I fell head over heels in love with all the men. They have it all; looks, mannerisms and accents. The downside: are they just a teeny weeny bit effeminate?!
In France and Belgium I enjoyed the attention and the accents. The downside: they make no bones about women being secondary to their needs.
The Spanish had the dark swarthy look but again the woman versus lover thing was strong. Is that all a Catholic thing maybe?
I didn't take to the Dutch in a romantic way. Liked to talk but maybe they're all too stoned.....
In Africa I thought they all just wanted a meal ticket.
And I was very taken with the tall, strong, no nonsense German lads
The list could go on longer but I fear I am running out of time and space.....
**** ** ****** ****** **** ******
But now I'm nearing my journey's end I'm back to thinking that all men think with their dicks, simple as. No matter how ya'll dress it up it comes down to the same old thing. And yes I CAN generalise!
Men are hound dogs.....
I'm not complaining you understand. Just noting. We can travel the globe and really have no need for the language, there is something else that propels us. At all ages.
Do you think it'll be the same when we get to Intergalactic Travel???
Are there indeed any answers to this ??

7 Comments:

  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger C-dell said…

    I think all women are a gift to man, and should be treated like the queens that they are. I like to cater to my women. whether we are in a romantic/platonic/family relationship.

     
  • At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You will probably not have the same "problem" when you go on intergalactic travel. Odds are that any sentient creatures you meet will be of a vastly different species from us and their males, if there are any, will not be attracted to your hills and valleys like we poor creatures here on earth. Instead, they will likely treat you as a pet or a beast of burden.
    Speaking of pets, Fritz and Rudi have asked me to find out who is guarding you shoe collection?. They worry about you and wish they were there.

     
  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger C-dell said…

    My password is tripping just checking it

     
  • At 3:54 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Huh????

     
  • At 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very funny!! You are SO right!!

    I have sons, so the “how men are” has never come us to a great degree. But, some of my friends that have daughters… We have discussed this and they tell their girls that men are dogs, period.

     
  • At 4:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If boys are taught correctly from an early age (as I suspect c-dell was judging by his comment) then they learn to politely put their fleshly desires on the back burner to attend to more important things (friendship, family, talk, etc)...
    Not all men are dogs- I have a husband that proves it. He's very polite and gentlemanly.

     
  • At 12:30 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Wow,, well done Lizard Princess, well done indeed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home