Pink Icing

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Organically grown

It's very hot and airless this Surrey afternoon, and seated in the library it's very smelly as well...... Eeeow, why don't people wash and use deodorant?? Why is the Arsehole next to me on the fucking phone??????

Anyway, yep, here I am in the Library once again, fighting for time...not to mention elbow room between Computer Stations. (Hurrumph, I am NOT a 15yr old......)

Still feeling considerably displaced but that hammer that hit me on the head the other day did offer some respite. Okay have to take the Wedgewood, crystal, silver cutlery and HATS down to the Parentals on the 20th. (Ooooo it's here now, it's finally here) Oh and I am in fine fettle to deal with Mother on the issue of my hats. I probably won't even have to tell here they're there, I'll just bury them at the back of one of Father's wardrobes and she'll never even realise till I come to collect them!

Had a lovely evening last night, went to see CJ and Martin and their new kitchen. I want visiting rights, it's fabulous! Poor Martin wasn't himself and feeling a tad poorly spent a quiet evening resting. Well that or he was pretending so he didn't have to deal with my 'oooohs' and 'ahhhhs'...... CJ cooked Chilli with salad from the Riverford Medium Box of Organic vegetables/fruit. Scrummy.

Flatmate Sarah has a Medium Riverford Organic Box every week. I met the delivery man today. We live down a cobbly road. Actually technically it's not a road at all. It has no name or number. It just IS. Well it is very cobbly, overgrown and a little spooky when dark. Anyway the Riverford Man was attempting reversing as I arrived 'home'. I stood at the top of the iron staircase (have I told you I always wanted a metal staircase to a flat that I can put pots and candles on?) waiting to see the delivered jamboree box. Flatmate Sarah had stuck an envelope on the front door and last week's empty box, collapsed, waiting for collection. With the excitement building I ripped the envelope off the door and scooped up the box to give to the Riverford Man as he reached the top of my adopted Metal Staircase.

I thought a friendly 'Hello' would be a good starting point and then I could ask him all about the wonders and correctness of purchasing Organic foodstuffs. He beamed triumphantly 'at last, I get to see the owner of these boxes'. I hesitated. Then I mumbled. Would it be fair to shatter Riverford Man's day? Before I could make the decision Riverford Man started to tell me how he'd had 2 very large coaches harass him whilst he was trying to reverse down our Non Road. (Mmmm, yes I saw them) I opened my mouth to sympathise. Riverford Man jumped in without a pause for breath. He'd started his run at 5am, he came from Horsham, he'd started in Epsom, blah blah blah......

WHAT?

Is this Wholefood and Organic?

I'd have offered him a glass of water (unleaded naturally!) but there is a drought.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home