Pink Icing

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Big Send Off

I am close to my trip now and am excited at the prospect of travelling all those miles, be it by motorbike, car, push bike or foot.

It really has been a long time coming.
As I have mentioned I have learnt and relearnt many things about myself since the start of this project and keeping my interest going during the darker moments has been tough. Many a time recently I've thought, damn it, just forget it and find a well paid job and nice house. But I'm still going and about to burst into action once again.
I don't think I've ever waited so long for anything in my life, certainly not a man!!
So to help me on my way I am having a few drinks on 1 April, venue to be announced. I hope you will all be able to make it, I'd love to see you all. The memory will be there with me in my darkest moments during the trip. I'm sure I'll have times when I feel quite lonely but I can then pull your images from a folder in my mind.
Besides you have to come if only to say, 'Oh for God's sake just go.............'

6 Comments:

  • At 9:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sugar i'll be coming - E

     
  • At 9:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi hun, not sure 'E' meant he was coming to your do......

    I'll do my best to come, we're all so proud of you in this neck of the woods. You touch the heart and spirit of so many people and when you pass through all those places they will love you and remember you fondly forever. Zola xxx

     
  • At 6:07 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Dear E, I'm not really that sweet....

     
  • At 6:10 pm, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Stop it you, you'll have me believing in meself!
    Great to hear from you Zola, email me from the contact page, all my paperwork is in a Big Yellow Box!

    How's Bessie and Charlie? Yep I remembered....

     
  • At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We'll be there - how could we not be! Just remember April Fool ends at 12 midday so telling you aren't really going won't be funny. You have to go so its closer to you getting back xx

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Fabulous! How could it be a proper party and send off without CJ and Martin??????

    It is rather amusing it's April Fools Day isn't it???!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home