Pink Icing

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Homeless and tearful

It's happened. I'm officially homeless........

I was given a few days to vacate the house and managed it. Well I say I managed it. I actually managed it with the help and support of some wonderful people.

I am, you must understand, a person that likes to surround herself with lovely things. Lovely shoes, clothes, saucepans, fabrics, cutlery, china, tablecloths, books..... Now to pack a crammed to the hilt 3 bedroom place into a box within a few days, and work, is impossible. Well for me anyway.

Travelling Companion drove down from somewhere up the A1, accompanied by his girlfriend's son, to endure a day of packing, lugging, storing and dealing with me. He was I have to admit, bloody fantastic and never stopped from the minute he got there til the minute he left. I really could not have done it without him and his support will remain in my heart forever.

Standing in the doorway of my room in The Big Yellow Box storage company, I really felt very tearful as my entire life was now squished to fit a 100sq ft. Am I really doing the right thing?????

Too late now, it's done and the next stage is yet to overcome.......