Pink Icing

Monday, October 06, 2008

Global domination

I'm struggling to catch up these days and one of the things that is suffering is my Blog

Sorry guys

A week ahead of me. Things I must do:

- Give a business report to Shelagh
- Catch up with CJ who has had 2 recent ops. One on her shoulder and latest on her knee
- COMPLETE OFFICIAL FORMS AND POST.......do not delay any further
- Not fret about Darling Daughter and The Boy
- FORMS FORMS FORMS......aaagh


I hate filling out forms. Where on these blinking forms can I add my personal slant. No I can't. I hate that we have stopped talking to each other. I am human NOT a process.

I feel like we are on the brink of revolution.

If I want to pay a utility bill I have to conform to their process. I remember having an Electricity Board shop in our town and it was fitted out with an array of cookers, fires, fridges and the like all for purchase and at the back were 2 friendly people who would take your money for your quarterly domestic and commercial electricity bill. You could have a chat. Not a long chat particularly. Mostly passing the time of day.

All this interaction provides a structure. A calm and stable environment by which humans thrive.

If all I can do is interact with voicemails, emails, automatic helplines, televisions, security gates, automatic processes, computers, and indeed Blogs, is it any wonder I am forgetting to think for myself!

I miss the small kindnessess of human touch.

It is universal 'dumbing down' and I will not do it

But do feel free to comment..............!!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:23 am, Blogger Muhd Imran said…

    For such convenience, we loose our human touch little by little even after they try to include as much simulated human touches as possible.

    This is unfortunate, but somehow we conform as our time is taken away by more crucial things like work and survival in the so-called modern age.

    Just do those forms and get it over with. Hope to gain some free time to do as you please... especially interactions with your loved ones. That will always melts the stress away and leave you with a smile on your face.

    Have good days ahead!

     
  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger Indigo said…

    Indigo Incarnates

    Thanks for visiting again :)

    Would you like to trade links?

    I think the other Pink still posts once in a while, but very rarely these days. i'm not sure what happened.

    I know what happened to me. I sort of had a temporary dissociative breakdown. But since I have a dissociative disorder, that happens from time to time. Oh well, what can ya do?

     
  • At 8:15 pm, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    you're very right... so much is done electronically! i don't know my neighbours, there's no more milkman, the shops are so big you can't get to know the people who work in them.

     
  • At 9:35 pm, Blogger Crashdummie said…

    revolution - sign me up :)

    and welcome back, u have been missed

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Blogger DNR said…

    I hear what you’re saying about loosing the personal touch. BUT paying bills and filling out forms are a chore. I’d much rather do these things electronically, in as little time as possible, so I can get out and do the things I love or be with the ones I love.

     
  • At 12:26 pm, Blogger Indigo said…

    Indigo Incarnates

    Well... it's been really interesting in the good ol' U.S of A. this week. Bush doled out a trillion dollars to his rich friends on Wall Street, courtesy of the middle class taxpayers. Meanwhile, he won't lift a finger to end the Iraq War or to fix Social Security. After all, billionaires arean't worried about Social Security, so why should he be?

    For us working stiffs, the price of electricity doubled this year, as have the price of groceries. The tax on my house doubled, and the sales tax has gone up 18%. But there's no bailout check coming my way.

     
  • At 10:27 am, Blogger Pink Icing said…

    Imran - finally sorted them. Phew! Now the stress is melting away

    Indigo - I don't actually know how to do the link thing! I tried some time ago and failed so gave up. I have a few people I would link up to if I could. Hey how, praps as things settle down for me soon I will have the patience to work it out.

    Angel - Do you think it's because we have these big super and hyper markets these days? It's all about bulk and profit. If evolution continues we'll lose our mouths for speaking as they won't be needed!

    Crash - Viva la revolution..... Let's go! Thank you for noticing I've been away!!

    dnr - see that's the rub for me. I WANT to have more time and I appreciate being able to almost dispense with such mundane tasks. Trouble is I'm not sure it's good

     

Post a Comment

<< Home